The GDPR gives EU citizens several new rights regarding their personal data and privacy. These include:
- Right to access: data controllers are required to provide data subjects a copy of their processed personal data upon request.
- Right to rectification: the data subject has the right to have inaccurate data personal data corrected or completed if incomplete.
- Right to erasure (right to be forgotten): data subjects have the right to request that their personal data be deleted.
- Right to restriction of processing: the data subject has the right to restrict the processing their data. But, the data controller can continue to store it.
- Right to data portability: the data subject has the right to have their personal data transferred to another data controller.
- Right to object: the data subject has the right to object to the processing of their personal data in certain circumstances.